Create practice cards with the Flashcard Wheels.
Use the Flashcard Wheel to support lessons in any subject area. This manipulative enables students to learn and review any concept by themselves or with partners. Consider using Flashcard Wheels to introduce or review a unit. This learning tool can also be used as a form of assessment.
Students improve knowledge and memorization of facts.
Supplies Used: Adhesive Letters, Cardstock, Poster Board, Brad, Glue
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut Flashcard Wheels from cardstock or poster board. Laminate materials prior to cutting to make the project last longer (Figure A).
- Use adhesive letters, computer generated printouts or print questions and answers on the Flashcard, Bottom Wheel (Figure B).
- Decorate the Flashcard, Top Wheel with appropriate die-cuts, stickers or adhesive letters (See Main Photos).
- Use a brad to fasten the two wheels together (see Main Photos and Video).
- Figure A
- Figure B
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
K-4 Standard 1: Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
K-4 Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.
K-4 Standard 6: Making connections between visual arts and other disciplines
- Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum