Supplies Used: Cardstock, Double-Sided Tape, Glue, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Make an accordion fold card by folding any size of cardstock or construction paper back and forth, leaving some extra room on the last fold. Open the card and lay it flat (Figure A).
- Adhere the card to a slightly larger sheet of cardstock or construction paper using glue or double-sided tape.
- Trim the edges of paper to 1/4" from Accordion Fold Card, leaving a margin all around (Figure B).
- Fold the card along the perforated lines (Figure C).
- Die-cut multiple colors of Tiny Hearts and alphabet letters X and O using cardstock, construction or patterned paper.
- Glue or use double-sided tape to attach one half of a letter to fold of the card, leaving the other half hanging off edge (Figure D).
- Adhere more letters and Tiny Hearts to the inside of the accordion fold card (see Main Photo).
- Figure A
- Figure B
- Figure C
- Figure D