Supplies Used: Construction Paper, Colored Pencils, Colored Pens, Double-Sided Tape, Glitter, Glue, Paper Clips, Rubber Bands
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Fold a 24" x 4" strip of cardstock, construction paper or butcher paper in half. Place the folded edge inside the cutting edge of DC Scallop Border and die-cut to create the crown (Figure A).
- Lay the crown flat to decorate (Figure B).
- Die-cut LG Balloons #1 from purple paper. Adhere to the crown and highlight with a purple colored pencil (see Main Photo).
- Die-cut Basic Beginnings LG Cupcake from tan, pink and yellow cardstock or construction paper. Leave the tan Cupcake whole. Cut the flame from the yellow candle and adhere the base to the tan candle. Cut the frosting from the pink Cupcake and adhere to the tan Cupcake (Figure C).
- Highlight the pink frosting with a pink colored pencil. Use glitter, small scraps of paper or colored pens to add sprinkles to the flame of the Cupcake.
- Die-cut two Tiny Stars from coordinating paper and adhere to the crown. Use a silver pen to make dots around the Stars.
- Double stick tape, paper clips or rubber bands may be used to secure the ends of the crown (see Main Photo).
- Figure A
- Figure B
- Figure C