Supplies Used: Cardstock, Colored Pencils, Colored Pens, Double-Sided Tape, Glue, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
Follow the instructions to create the picket fence. Die-cut the DC Border, Fence or Border, Split Rail Fence for additional fence options.
- Die-cut various Flowers, cutting the stem and leaves from multiple colors of green, and the Flower head from contrasting colors of cardstock or construction paper (Figure A).
- Decorate and layer the Flower head on top of the stem and leaves using glue or double-sided tape. To layer, leave one shape whole and cut highlights from other colors.
- Create subtle shadings using colored pens or pencils.
- Make color photocopies of student photos.
- Crop photos and place inside any of Ellison's Flower die-cuts, or die-cut photo to fit on any Flower head or petal (Figure B).
- Die-cut Grass Patch from various shades of green.
- To make a picket fence behind the Flowers, cut 3" x 12" rectangles from white and gray paper and cut one end of all the rectangles into a point (Figure C).
- Shadow the gray pickets behind the white and tie all the pickets together with a long narrow 1" strip of white paper.
- Adhere the picket fence and decorated die-cuts to the bulletin board.
- Print out and add student names and facts beside each picture for easy identification.
- Die-cut the title from the 4" Circus Alphabet or any desired alphabet using two contrasting colors to create a shadow. Adhere to the bulletin board (see Main Photo).