Note: This lesson can be created using either Ellison AllStar or SureCut Dies.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Felt, Flannel Board, Glue, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the LG Basic Beginnings Paper Doll from a variety of skin-colored pieces of felt. Cut enough Paper Dolls to create all of the characters in the Nativity scene.
- Die-cut the LG Basic Beginnings Nativity, Baby & Manger from brown, tan, yellow and white felt. Cut the legs of the Manger from the yellow felt, leaving the straw. Adhere over the brown Manger with glue or other adhesive.
- Leave the tan felt Baby Jesus whole. Trim away the face area from the white Baby Jesus and adhere the white Baby Jesus over the tan one (Figure A).
- Die-cut the LG Basic Beginnings Nativity, Wise Man using three different colors of felt. Cut the Crown area from coordinating colors to embellish and adhere to the costume. Completed costumes may be permanently adhered to the Doll or dressed on the flannel board (see Main Photo).
- Continue die-cutting the remaining figures for the Nativity Scene from felt.
- The figures may be used with the XL Nativity, Stable & Star (Figure B).