Aim High and Target Your Goals Poster
Shape positive behavior with fun designs and projects.
Create a positive classroom environment with personalized posters celebrating attributes for academic success. Good character strengthens the classroom community, builds relationships between students and enhances self-esteem. Through this activity, the teacher enables students to recognize and set goals for good qualities within themselves. Acknowledge demonstration of good character throughout the year with praise and positive reinforcement.
Establish class rules or set personal standards with creative projects.
Supplies Used: Construction Paper, Black Marking Pen, Glue, Poly Foam (optional), Scissors, Tape (Double-Sided)
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Bullseye and Bow & Arrow from various colors of cardstock, construction paper or poly foam. Cut highlights, layer and adhere to embellish.
- Mat cardstock and adhere the Bullseye and Bow & Arrow.
- Computer generate or handwrite desirable traits.
- Arrange and adhere to the poster.
- Add a title as desired (see Main Photo).
3-8 Standard 4: Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills to enhance health.
- Apply effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills to enhance health.
Physical Education: Develop physically educated individuals who have the knowledge, skills and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of healthful physical activity.
3-8: Standard 5
- A physically educated person exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
Reprinted from Moving into the Future, National Standards for Physical Education, 2nd Edition, with permission from the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE), 1900 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191-1599.