Reach for the Clouds Banner
Use any die-cut to create colorful, unique banners for holidays, events or celebrations.
Create festive banners for any holiday or celebration. Add any decorative die to convey the occasion or theme.
Design an uplifting banner, encouraging students to expand their horizons and reach their potential!
Supplies Used: Cardstock or Construction Paper, Crayons, Glue, Marking Pens, Ribbon, Tape (Double-Sided)
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut 17 Hot Air Balloons from various colors of cardstock or construction paper. Highlight with crayons or marking pens.
- Die-cut Letters and adhere one Letter to each Balloon.
- Cut a long piece of ribbon and adhere Balloons to create the banner.
- Die-cut Clouds and adhere to the banner (see Main Photo).
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
Standard 1: Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- K-4 - Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
- 5-8 - Students intentionally take advantage of the qualities and characteristics of art media, techniques and processes to enhance communication of their experiences and ideas.
Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- K-4 - Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.
- 5-8 - Students integrate visual, spatial and temporal concepts with content to communicate intended meaning in their artworks.