Create fun Lanterns for any holiday or event.
Use Ellison dies to create amazing works of art for science or any occasion! Tap into student creativity and see what they can do. Ellison die-cuts are perfect across-curriculum, for students of all ages and stages!
Design creative lanterns for any subject from physical science to fine arts.
Supplies Used: Construction Paper, Colored Pens or Pencils, Stickers, Tape (Double-Sided)
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut Lantern and apply adhesive to one end section of Lantern body (Figure A).
- Lightly fold Lantern along the perforated fold line (Figure B).
- Create a cylinder by overlapping and adhering the first and last section of the Lantern body (Figure C).
- Press down on the top of the Lantern to obtain the desired shape (Figure D).
- Attach the handle to the top of the handle using a strong adhesive (Figure E).
- Decorate as desired (see Main Photo).
- Figure A
- Figure B
- Figure C
- Figure D
- Figure E
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
K-4 Standard 1: Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
K-4 Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.