Patriotic Eagle Bookmark
Decorate fun, patriotic bookmarks.
Inspire year-round reading with student-created bookmarks to suit all occasions. Create bookmarks to supplement language arts lessons, reward good behavior and academic performance or celebrate holidays.
Build character with thematic bookmarks that celebrate our nation.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Colored Pencils or Crayons, Glue or Glue Stick, Ribbon, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the LG Plain Bookmark #2 out cardstock or construction paper. Highlight the Bookmark with colored pencils or crayons.
- Die-cut the LG Patriotic Combo eagle from construction paper. Highlight with colored pencils or crayons. Adhere the eagle to the Bookmark. Any of the Patriotic Combo shapes can be used to decorate Bookmarks.
- Die-cut Tiny Stars and adhere to the Bookmark.
- Cut an 8" length of ribbon and loop through the top of the Bookmark (see Main Photo).
English Language Arts: Reading for Perspective
K-12: Standard 1
- Students read a wide range of print and non-print texts to build an understanding of texts, of themselves and of the cultures of the United States and the world; to acquire new information; to respond to the needs and demands of society and the workplace; and for personal fulfillment. Among these texts are fiction and nonfiction, classic and contemporary works.
Standards for the English Language Arts, by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English, Copyright 1996 by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English. Reprinted with permission.
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
K-4 Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.