Red Ribbon Tag
Create decorative Ribbons for any occasion.
Create unique, colorful ribbons to commemorate significant current or historical events. Decorate class bulletin boards or safety pin to clothing in honor of any occasion.
Create decorative Ribbons to commemorate Red Ribbon Week, or any occasion, and teach the significance of the event through storytelling, student research or relevant activities.
Supplies Used:Beaded Metal Chain, Chipboard, Construction Paper, Glue, Punch
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Ribbon from two pieces of red construction paper and a plain piece of chipboard.
- Adhere the construction paper Ribbons to both sides of the chipboard Ribbon.
- Punch a hole at the top of the assembled Ribbon.
- Attach a beaded chain to the Ribbon (see Main Photo).
PreK-2 Standard 8: Community Health.
- Students Students will demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, and community health.
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
K-4 Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.