Supplies Used: Cardstock, Beads, Blunt Needle, Mat Board, Scissors, Yarn
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the LG or XL Dream catcher from poster board, mat board or chipboard.
- Thread a blunt needle with yarn. Total yarn for the XL Dream catcher is approximately 9 feet, and total yarn for the LG Dream catcher is approximately 3 feet. Push the needle and yarn through one hole and tie off, leaving a 6" to 8" length for a Feather to be attached (Figure A). Weave the yarn back and forth by lacing through the holes in the Dream catcher creating a pattern. All holes do not need to be used. Tie off the yarn, leaving a tail to attach another Feather.
- Die-cut the Feathers from the LG or XL Dream catcher & Feathers die using various colors of cardstock or construction paper.
- Attach two of the Feathers to the yarn tails. Attach additional Feathers by lacing pieces of yarn through the holes toward the bottom of the Dream catcher. Beads may be slipped over the needle and onto the yarn before attaching the Feathers.
- Attach a piece of yarn through the top hole and secure a long piece that can be used to hang the Dream catcher for classroom display or for the students to hang at home (Figure B).