My Holiday Memories Writing Sheet
Supplies used: Paper trimmer , Black Pen, Foam Tape, Scissors, Glue, A choice of your favourite festive colours of cardstock.
- Choose one or two photographs you wish to display. We chose to print digital photos so we could change the size first.
- From various festive colours of cardstock, die Cut all the elements you wish to use from the Merry Motifs Die Set. For the candy cane element, cut one in white and one in deep red, then snip the white element into striped and adhere them to the red element to give a striped effect. Using a paper trimmer, cut two strips of contrasting colours of festive cardstock in off rectangle shapes. One should be longer than the other by roughly 1 ½ inches.
- Place your two off rectangles in the middle of an 8.3 inch x 11.7 inch sheet of white card so that one is overlapping the other.
- Arrange the printed photographs and die cut elements over the two hand-cut strips in a way that is pleasing to the eye. Tip: try to create a roughly even amount of white space and colour on the page. To some of the elements, apply some foam tape before sticking down. This will create dimension in the composition.
- Once all elements are adhered to the base. Trim the edges of the 8.3 inch x 11.7 inch white card stock so that it takes up roughly 3 quarters of the length of an 8.3 inch x 11.7 inch sheet.
- Adhere the card base to an 8.3 inch x 11.7 inch sheet of light blue card stock so that there is enough room to draw some lines below to write a sentence on. Then, trim the whole thing so that there is a thin border of light blue around the white card base.
- Finally, cut two more smaller off rectangles of white card on which to write the heading “my holiday memories”. Adhere these using foam tape to allow them to stand out.