Holiday Wishes Display
Supplies used: String, Black Pen, Foam Tape, Scissors, Glue, Thick craft card.
- Begin by die cutting the pine tree from a green piece of cardstock. Cut the tree five times for the sign and then two for every student.
- Using glue, adhere a sheet of light blue cardstock to cover a sheet of thick craft card. Then, trim the edges so only light blue is visible from the front.
- Using a black pen, write your heading in the centre of the light blue rectangle element from previous step.
- Now take five tree elements and adhere around your heading, overlapping the sides. Then, trim off the areas of the elements which are not adhered to the card.
- Adhere the trimmed rectangle on a sheet of dark red cardstock to create a thin red border.
- Using the hot glue gun, adhere three lengths of string back of the main element from the previous step. Two on each side approximately 1 inch from the edge and one in the middle. The lengths of string should be long enough that you can fit enough trees for each child in your class.
- Give each child one of the die-cut pine tree elements and a rectangle of white card (roughly 2 ½ x 1 ½ inches). Ask them to write their hopes and wishes for the upcoming winter season, then adhere the card to their tree element. They then come to the front where they share their wishes by reading them to the rest of the class.
- To adhere the tree to the string take a blank tree element and apply hot glue to one side. Hold against the string and then adhere the other tree element (with the holiday wish on) to the front so that all the sides meet up perfectly with the string between, running from the tip to the bottom. This should be done by an adult.