Dive Into Reading Board
Get your students excited for the Summer Reading Program with this fun Ocean inspired reading board! Perfect for decorating your classroom or library.
Supplies used: Glue, Gold Construction Paper, Silver Construction Paper, Smooth White Construction Paper (for printing), Mat Board.
- Gather a list of ocean themed book titles along with their authors and type out 5/6 on each A4 page leaving enough space around each to be able to cut a circle around each and print these off onto white Construction Paper.
- Using the circle Framelits die to cut out each book title, seeing which size circle works for each title depending on the size of it. Try not to go too big as if won’t then fit onto the shell backing.
- Die cut multiple shells from gold and silver Construction Paper using the seashell die.
- Adhere the circle book titles onto the shell die cuts using foam tape.
- Create a background using Mat Board and blue Construction Paper.
- Die cut multiple different sized circles from light blue Construction Paper using the circle Framelits die.
- Arrange and adhere the light blue circles onto the background first to look like bubbles then layer and adhere the shells onto the board using glue.
- Add highlights onto the bubble circles using a light blue permanent marker.
- Die cut the title ‘Dive into reading’ using mint colored Construction Paper and the chunky alphabet die set and adhere it to the top of the board using glue.