“Magnifying glass” Ladybug and Leaf
Create a fun scavenger hunt for your students with this adorable classroom project! Perfect for a rainy day activity.
Supplies used: Acetate, Glue, Hole punch, Markers .
- Using the larger circle, die cut 2 out of desired color cardstock, 2 out of contrasting color and 1 from acetate.
- Center a smaller circle Framelits evenly over previously cut circle cardstock. Die cut to create a “ring”.
- Adhere the 2 contrasting color circles to each other, and trim to create a “slice” shape. Adhere acetate inside of 1 “ring”, position handle (slice) inside, but not visible through acetate. Close up by adhering final “ring”.
Ladybug and Leaf
- Using 1” Framelits, die-cut 2 from black cardstock, 1 from red cardstock, 1 from green cardstock. Using smallest Framelits, die-cut 1 from green cardstock.
- Cut red circle in half. Using a hole lunch in various sizes punch and add ladybug’s spots. Alternatively use a black marker.
- Position 1 black circle behind other black circle, leaving a portion above edge. Adhere with glue.
- Adhere spotted ladybug wings, spread apart, on top of black body, covering the seam area of 2 black circles where they connect. Trim small, strips to create antennae.
- Using green markers, create leaf veins onto both green circles. Crease down the middle and adhere smaller on at edge of larger one.
- Hide several ladybugs and leaves around the classroom and hand out magnifying glasses to all your students. Your students will then use the magnifying glasses to track down all of the hidden bugs and leaves.
- Optional: create different colored ladybugs and leaves, assign a color to each student group by giving the corresponding leaves and the students will then find the correct color of ladybug to match their leaf.
Sorry, you must be logged in to add product to quote.