Supplies Used: Cardstock, Craft Knife, Double-Sided Tape, Glue, Ribbon, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Gate Fold Card using cardstock, construction or patterned paper. Fold the Card along the lines.
- Die-cut two Hearts (or any shape) from cardstock, construction or patterned paper (Figure A).
- Fold die-cut shapes together in half. This will make the pulls for the Gate Card (Figure B).
- Adhere each folded Heart half to inside flap of Card using glue or double-sided tape, leaving the other Heart half open on top for the pull (Figure C).
- Make a small slit in each Heart pull using a craft knife (Figure D).
- Cut a 16" length of ribbon and wrap it around the Card, pulling the ribbon ends through the slits and tying the ribbon in a bow (see Main Photo).