Five Senses Poster
Create a poster or bulletin board listing the five senses.
Can use either AllStar or SureCut Dies.
Body senses are visual using the 5 Senses dies. Discuss each sense and allow students to create their own poster.
Students will create a poster to identify the five senses.
Note: This lesson can be created using either Ellison AllStar or SureCut Dies.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Colored Pens, Crayons, Glue, Poster Board, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Write or type 'The Five Senses' and each sense word on a piece of paper. (Figures A & B). Cut out each word for the bulletin board or poster.
- Die-cut each 'sense' with multiple colors of construction paper or cardstock, then layer using glue. To layer, leave one color whole and cut highlights out of other colors (Figure C).
- Die-cut 5 Senses Face with multiple colors of construction paper or cardstock, then layer using glue (Figure D).
- Add shading with colored pens or crayons.
- Attach the decorated die-cuts and words to the bulletin board or poster (see Main Photo).
- Figure A
- Figure B
- Figure C
- Figure D
Science: Life Science
- As a result of activities in Grades K-4, all students should develop an understanding of the characteristics of organisms.