Use this activity to recognize words and spellings!
This activity is perfect to recognize words and letters in an interactive way. The teacher is to place their chosen picture on top of the flowers and the student is to use the letters to spell the corresponding word.
Supplies Used: Glue, Hook and Loop Fastener Tape, Scalloped Scissors, Scissors and Printed/Written Letters, Pictures
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut multiple flower shapes using (#19486-LG) from a variety of colored cardstock and use scissors to remove the stalk from each flower.
- Adhere the printed or written letters onto the flower heads using glue (these letters should spell a number of 3 letter words).
- Die-cut 3 flower shapes using (#19486-LG) from green cardstock and adhere to a blue piece of cardstock.
- Trim a border using scalloped scissors from green cardstock and adhere to the blue cardstock.
- Finally, adhere a hook and loop fastener to the top of the blue cardstock, the back of your letter flowerheads and to the back of your chosen 3 letter word images, for e.g. cat, dog.