Other Supplies: Embroidery Needle, Embroidery Thread, Glue, Scissors, Stuffing and Hook-and-loop fastener
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut from green, yellow, orange, red, blue and purple felt the Ellison® SureCut™ Die - Ice Cream Scoop Large 31563-LG making sure you have 2 of each color.
- Using a corresponding embroidery thread color stitch the same color ice cream scoop die-cuts together with a simple running stitch around the edge and leave a small hole.
- Stuff the felt ice cream scoop with a small amount of stuffing and finish stitch up the hole so that it is firmly secured around the edges.
- Die-cut from the Ellison® SureCut™ Die - Ice Cream Scoop Large 31563-LG 2 ice cream cones in brown cardstock.
- Adhere the cones to a white board opposite each other and cut 2 strips of black cardstock to create an equal’s sign in the middle.
- Cut squares of Velcro and adhere them to the back of the felt ice cream scoops using glue.
- Lastly, adhere the opposite side of the hook-and-loop fastener to the white board above the ice cream cones so the scoops can be attached.