Supplies Used: Butcher Paper, Cardstock, Glue, Paintbrush, Pop-Up Sponge, Ribbon, Tape, Waxed Paper, White Paint
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
Gift Wrap Paper
- Die-cut AllStar Snowflake and Snowflake #2 from Pop-Up Sponge. Multiple copies may be cut to enable more students to sponge paint at the same time. Dampen the sponges to pop them up and make them pliable for painting.
- Tape down a piece of waxed paper to hold the paint to be shared by several students. Paint a thin layer of white poster paint onto the waxed paper.
- Provide each student with a sheet of brown butcher paper, large enough to cover the intended gift.
- Students dip their sponge Snowflakes into the white paint and sponge the Snowflake prints onto their butcher paper. Different Snowflakes may be used (Figure A).
- Allow paper to dry thoroughly before wrapping.
- Die-cut AllStar Tags for each student using white cardstock or construction paper.
- Die-cut AllStar Card Decorations: Christmas Tree, Stocking & Ornament from green and red cardstock or construction paper. Adhere these tiny shapes to the gift Tags (Figure B).
- Cut a 5" length of red ribbon. Attach Tag to wrapped present with ribbon (see Main Photo).