Decorate a classroom with a welcoming sign made using Classic Letters and Numbers.
Students enjoy being welcomed to the class with teacher created material. Established a friendly classroom environment with signs that celebrate students. Modify this example by adding student names to the artwork. Design personalized signs for the classroom to manage the class effectively and meet learning needs.
Make a simple and fast welcome sign for new students or for Back-To-School Night.
Supplies Used: Construction Paper, Glue, Patterned Paper, Poster Board, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut a 24" x 18" sheet of blue paper or poster board for the sign.
- Die-cut two LG Leaves & Vine from dark green cardstock or construction paper. Adhere to the top of the blue sign (see Main Photo).
- Die-cut SM Layered Flower #2 from light pink and dark pink paper. Adhere the dark pink circle to the center of the light pink Flower. Adhere the Flower to the center of the Vines (see Main Photo).
- Die-cut the Classic Alphabet Capital Letter and Number Sets for the sign title from various patterned and plain cardstock or construction papers. Adhere to the sign (see Main Photo).
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
K-4 Standard 1: Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
K-4 Standard 5: Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are various purposes for creating works of visual art.