Supplies Used: Cardstock, Double-Sided Tape, Glue, Scissors, Thread
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
Tiny Heart Messages
- Die-cut six Tiny Hearts from gold and red paper.
- Hand print or use a computer for 'hearty' messages on the Tiny Hearts.
- For Tiny Hearts messages using a computer, leave at least 1" space between each saying. Print sayings onto red and gold paper using several sheets of 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" paper. Cut the Tiny Hearts die for templates (Figure A).
- Position the negative die-cut Tiny Hearts template over the Tiny Hearts die and tape one side of the template to the rubber. Slide the printed saying under the template. Center the saying inside the negative space. Tape the template and sayings to rubber. Cut perfect Tiny Hearts sayings (Figure B).
Creating the Card
- Die-cut Window Card #3 using cardstock, construction or patterned paper.
- Fold on perforation line.
- Mat patterned paper to contrasting paper and adhere to inside back of card with glue or double-sided tape (Figure C).
- Cut white thread into 3" lengths.
- Sandwich thread between pairs of Tiny Hearts with glue or double-sided tape (Figure D).
- Position the hearts to dangle in the window opening of the card, fasten with a sticker and trim excess thread.
- For message underneath the window opening, mat message on contrasting paper (Figure E).
- Adhere message below the window opening using foam adhesive for a raised effect.
- Die-cut Envelope A6 from colored of paper.
- Fold Envelope on perforation lines and adhere with double-sided tape (see Main Photo).
- Figure A
- Figure B
- Figure C
- Figure D
- Figure E
Sorry, you must be logged in to add product to quote.