Create decorative bookmarks to welcome the new year!
Inspire year-round reading with student-created bookmarks to suit all occasions. Create bookmarks to supplement language arts lessons, reward good behavior and academic performance or celebrate holidays.
Write resolutions behid these creative bookmarks and celebrate the new year!
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Colored Pencils or Crayons, Glue or Glue Stick, Ribbon, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the LG Plain Bookmark #2 out cardstock or construction paper.
- Die-cut the 1.25" Block Numbers from construction paper. Adhere to Bookmark.
- Cut assorted colors of 8" length of ribbon and loop through the top of the Bookmark.
- Decorate the front with colored pencils or crayons and write some New Year's resolutions on the back (see Main Photo).
English Language Arts: Reading for Perspective
K-12: Standard 1
- Students read a wide range of print and non-print texts to build an understanding of texts, of themselves and of the cultures of the United States and the world; to acquire new information; to respond to the needs and demands of society and the workplace; and for personal fulfillment. Among these texts are fiction and nonfiction, classic and contemporary works.
Standards for the English Language Arts, by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English, Copyright 1996 by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English. Reprinted with permission.
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
K-4 Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.