Decorative Journal Cover
Design fun journal covers featuring slogans for the 2012 Collaborative Summer Library Program.
Decorate journal covers for the 2012 Collaborative Summer Library Reading Program. Create covers for any library theme from early to adult literacy. This engaging activity is a great segue to thematic, literary discussions and reflective writing.
Celebrate summer reading at your local library with fun journal covers for anything from book club discussions to personal reflections and creative writing!
Supplies Used: Construction Paper, Contact Paper, Colored Pens or Pencils, Glitter, Glue, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut the contact paper to the size of the journal cover. Adhere paper to cover.
- Die-cut the title from Block Letters and adhere to the cover. Highlight Letters with colored pens or pencils.
- Die-cut Stars of various sizes and embellish with glitter. Adhere Stars to the cover. Embellish cover with glitter as desired (see Main Photo).
English Language Arts: Communication Strategies
K-12: Standard 5
- Students employ a wide range of strategies as they write and use different writing process elements appropriately to communicate with different audiences for a variety of purposes.
English Language Arts: Applying Language Skills
K-12: Standard 12
- Students use spoken, written, and visual language to accomplish their own purposes (e.g., for learning, enjoyment, persuasion, and the exchange of information).
Standards for the English Language Arts, by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English, Copyright 1996 by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English. Reprinted with permission.