Supplies Used: Construction Paper, Ribbon, Yarn, Twine, Poster Board, Glue, Tape, Thread, Kite String, Fishing Line, Stickers
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Spiral from poster board and punch holes along the Spiral to suspend die-cuts.
- Make a large knot with ribbon, yarn or twine, and pull through the center hole in the Spiral until taut against the Spiral. Use the ribbon to hang the Spiral.
- Die-cut two of each Continent die.
- Tape a length of white thread, kite string or fishing line to the back of one die-cut. Tape, glue the matching die-cut to the first die-cut to sandwich the thread, leaving a 12" length of thread extending from the top of the die-cut.
- Pull the thread through a hole in the Spiral and place a sticker over the thread and hole to secure thread in place (see Main Photo).