Recyclable Materials Magnets
Design creative magnets featuring recyclable materials.
Can use either AllStar or SureCut Dies.
Recycle and reuse common classroom materials for fun projects that promote environmental awareness. Support your lessons on conservation and natural resources with a creative magnets that remind the classroom community to recycle. Show students how to protect the environment and prepare them as stewards of our planet. Consider labeling recycling bins, pencil containers or paper clip holders as well. Even the supply cabinet can be labeled to remind everyone to be earth friendly.
Create fun magnets that promote environmental awareness and serve as a reminder to renew, reuse, recycle!
Note: This lesson can be created using either Ellison AllStar or SureCut Dies.
Supplies Used: Adhesive Magnets, Cardstock or Construction Paper, Glue, Paint or Markers
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut Recyclables from cardstock or construction paper.
- Decorate and embellish using any desired medium.
- Die-cut adhesive magnets and adhere to Recyclables.
- Display on cabinet doors, refrigerators or other surfaces to promote recycling (see Main Photo).
Science: Personal and Social Perspectives
- As a result of the activities in grades 5-8, all students should develop an understanding of populations, resources and environments.
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- 5-8 - Students select and use subjects, themes and symbols that demonstrate knowledge of contexts, values and aesthetics that communicate intended meaning in artworks.