Human Gestation Flashcards
Create science manipulatives to teach stages of human gestation.
Create unique flashcards for biology lessons focusing on human development. Increase understanding and retention of complex concepts through creation of visual tools for hands-on learning.
Given gestation flashcards, students will review important facts associated with stages of human development as part of independent study or in small groups.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Colored Pencils, Black Pen, 4 Flashcards (4" by 6") or Cardstock (5 1/2" by 3 3/4"), Glue or other Adhesive
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut pieces from multiple colors of cardstock or construction paper.
- Leave one shape whole and adhere highlights from other colors to embellish.
- Add detail with colored pencils if desired.
- Adhere stages of development to flashcards or cut cardstock.
- Label each card with the corresponding stage of development.
- Write notes and important facts on the opposite side of each flashcard (see Main Photo).
Science: Life Science
As a result of the activities in grades 5-8, all students should develop an understanding of:
- the structure and function in living things.
- reproduction and heredity.
- regulation and behavior.
- diversity and adaptations of organisms.