School Is Cool Door Hanger
Design decorative door hangers with fun phrases or clever messages for the classroom.
Design personalized door hangers for decorative or practical classroom use. Create a welcoming environment with fun, stimulating artwork around the classroom. Consider as holiday gifts or creative student incentives.
Create a cool classroom door hanger with a positive attitude about school!
Supplies Used: Construction Paper, Black Marking Pen, Glue, Poly Foam (optional), Ribbon, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Door Hanger from blue cardstock, construction paper or poly foam.
- Die-cut an Ice Cube from white construction paper and highlight with colored pencils or crayons.
- Print the words "School is" and letters "C O L" from colored construction or printer paper.
- Cut away the words and individual letters. Mat the words and letters to add prominence.
- Adhere the Ice Cube, words and letters to the Door Hanger (see Main Photo).
- Add a decorative ribbon to complete the project.
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
Standard 1: Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- K-4 - Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
- 5-8 - Students intentionally take advantage of the qualities and characteristics of art media, techniques and processes to enhance communication of their experiences and ideas.
Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- K-4 - Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.
- 5-8 - Students integrate visual, spatial and temporal concepts with content to communicate intended meaning in their artworks.