Red Ribbon Week
Create decorative Ribbons for any occasion.
Can use either Ellison or Sizzix Bigz Dies.
Create unique, colorful ribbons to commemorate significant current or historical events. Decorate the class, bulletin boards or safety pin to clothing in honor of any occasion.
Create decorative Ribbons to commemorate Red Ribbon Week or any occasion and teach the significance of the event through storytelling, student research or relevant activities.
Note: This lesson can be created using either Ellison or Sizzix Bigz Dies.
Supplies Used: Adhesive Paper, Cardstock, Colored Pens, Glue, Safety Pins
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Ribbon from any color of construction paper or cardstock. Use adhesive paper when creating stickers.
- Write or computer generate the name of any occasion onto the Ribbon.
- Decorate the class, use as a sticker or attach to clothing to commemorate any event (see Main Photo).
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- K-4 - Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.
- 5-8 - Students integrate visual, spatial and temporal concepts with content to communicate intended meaning in their artworks.