Teaching students, especially kids just starting out in their education, is a rough business. Thats why we compiled a list of 10 different Christmas Math Games that you can add into your already hectic schedule, because what better to teach than to have fun? Aimed mostly at Kindergartners or 1st graders, these games will improve number sense with interactive and fun activities! The holidays can be the holidays, even with a little bit of math involved!
1. Christmas Tree Counting Activity by Mom Inspired Life
Have your students add sticky dots onto each Christmas Tree for a great counting activity. Easily turn this activity into a game by having kids match the corresponding clothespin to each tree! You can find a Christmas tree template here.
2. Christmas Tree Counting and Matching by Tot Schooling
3. Graphing with Gift Bows by And Next Comes L
4. Christmas Tree Stem Challenge by Little Bins For Little Hands
5. Counting Gift Bows by Learning 4 Kids
6. Hot Cocoa Addition by Happy Little Kindergartner
Mix chocolate, marshmallows, and math all together to create a great math activity for the classroom! You can find a Hot Cocoa and Marshmallow template here.
7. Number Tree Puzzle by Tot Schooling
Decorate this layered tree with "ornaments" by rolling a dice and having students cover the numbers with either poms-poms or other shapes! Increase the difficulty of this game by adding more than one number to each row.
8. Winter Fun Counting Numbers Puzzle by Kindergarten Smarts
9. Holiday Math Art by What Do We Do All Day
This activity is a bit more complicated, but is still a great demonstration to how the concepts of math affect real-life structures! Find an easy to make 3-D triangles here.
10. Christmas Math Game with Jingle Bells by Fun A Day
Brighten up your lesson plans this season with some Christmas cheer! Let us know how these activities go by contacting us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or Pinterest. We would be happy to hear from you. Good luck, educators!