Earth Day is April 22nd and it presents a fantastic opportunity to help students learn about saving our beautiful planet. This make is super easy and really fun for kids! The bag comes with a fun checklist to help students become more aware of litter and recycling, and to appreciate the beauty of the natural world.
Let’s get started!
- Ellison® Prestige® Pro Machine (#19101) or Ellison® SuperStar™ Excel Machine Only w/Extended Sliding Tray & Sliding Adapter Pad (#30650)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Leaf, Maple (#A10162)
- Cardstock (Gray, Green)
- Child-Friendly Ink
- Child-Friendly Paint
- Child friendly glue
- Craft Foam
- Printer to print the scavenger hunt checklist
- White Gift Bag
- Die-cut the Maple Leaf three times out of craft foam. It’s a really beautiful shape and works so well as a stamp.
- Next, glue the leaves on top of each other to form a stamp and stick them onto a piece of mountboard. It’s a good idea to trim your mountboard so it’s as small as possible. This will stop stray marks from getting on to the paper when you stamp.
- Now comes the fun part! Have a selection of child-friendly paints and get the children to coat the stamp in a thick layer of paint using a sponge. Encourage them to mix the different shades of green. This is a great opportunity to teach the children about mixing colors. The children can then stamp onto the bag.
- Next, die-cut some leaves out of cardstock and encourage the children to ink the edges using child-friendly ink. A darker green ink will work well on lighter green cardstock.
- Now get the children to glue the inked leaves and the scavenger hunt checklist onto the bag (please find the checklist here). The stamps should be dry by now.
- As a final touch tie a crayon to the handle of the bags so the children are ready for their scavenger hunt. Enjoy!