Check out this spook-tacular Halloween project!
Halloween is around the corner and this simple spook-tacular make is great to create with your students. Keep reading to discover how to make this project!
You will need:
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray) w/Standard Platform (#660200)
- Sizzix Bigz die – Nordic Scene (#664472)
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Dimensional Bats (#664459)
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK – Circles (#657551)
- Cardstock (Black, Gray and Yellow)
- Child Friendly Glue
- Craft Knife
- Draw around a plate with a pencil onto a piece of gray cardstock and cut the circle out using scissors.
- Using the Sizzix Big Shot machine die-cut 2 trees from black cardstock and 3 stars from yellow cardstock using the Nordic scene die (#664472).
- Using the Sizzix Big Shot machine die-cut 1 medium circle from yellow cardstock using the circle Framelits die set (#657551).
- Cut a strip of black cardstock and adhere it to the base of the circle using glue. Don’t worry about any excess card hanging over the edge of the circle as we will trim this off later.
- Start to layer and adhere your tress, stars and circle in place on your gray circle background using glue to create a spooky night-time scene.
- Using your scissors trim off any excess that is hanging over the edge of the large grey circle.
- Using the Sizzix Big Shot machine die-cut 1 large bat from black cardstock using the bat die (#664459).
- Fold the bat wings along the embossed lines to create a 3D effect.
- Cut a strip of gray cardstock and adhere the bat to the top of the strip using glue.
- Carefully cut a small slit in the middle of the large grey circle using a craft knife and a ruler (maybe an adult can do this).
- Thread the strip of grey card with the bat attached through the slit so the bat is on top of the spooky scene and can be moved around using the strip of card from the other side.