Create a Leaf Name Crown!
Celebrate fall by creating leaf name crowns, they are super easy to make! This lesson provides an opportunity for your students to get creative while learning and practicing the spelling of their name.
Let's get started!
- Ellison® Prestige™ Pro Machine (#19101) or Ellison® SuperStar™ Excel Machine Only w/Extended Sliding Tray & Sliding Adapter Pad (#30650)
- Ellison® Surecut™ Die- Leaf, Birch- Large (#13801-LG)
- Ellison® SureCut™ Die - Fall Combo - Large (#29314-LG)
- Ellison® SureCut™ Die - Leaf, Maple #2 - Large (#23809-LG)
- Ellison® SureCut™ Die Set - Best Sellers (10 Die Set) - Large (#16772-LG)
- Ellison® SureCut™ Die - Freehand Type Alphabet (7 Die Set) - Large (#31497-LG)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Cardstock (#663007)
- Distress Inks (Dark Orange)
- White Cardstock
- Die-cut a variety of leaves using the leaf dies from (13801-LG, 29314-LG, 23809-LG and 16772-LG) from yellow cardstock.
- Use the distress inks to add deeper color and dimension to the leaves, a dark orange works well.
- Die-cut out the name of your student using the Freehand Type Alphabet die (31497-LG) from white cardstock.
- Cut two strips of cardstock from light brown cardstock big enough to fit around your student's head as this will form the crown.
- Adhere the leaves and letters to the crown using glue.
- Finally, adhere the strips together to create the crown.