The ocean is full of colorful inhabitants, sea creatures comprise of a diverse group of animals which fascinates children. By creating your very own Octopus it provides the perfect learning opportunity to explore the ocean!
This project is a great idea for imaginative students to get creative in the classroom.
Let’s get started!
- Ellison® Prestige™ Pro Machine (#19101) or Ellison® SuperStar™ Excel Machine Only w/Extended Sliding Tray & Sliding Adapter Pad (#30650)
- Ellison® Surecut™ Die - Circles 6” & 4” (#15771-XL)
- Ellison® Surecut™ Die - Circles 1” 9 -up (#15934-LG)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Cardstock (#663007)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential – Permanent Pens (#663056)
- Adhesive Gems
- PVA Glue
- Googley Eyes
- Hole Punch
- Die-cut the 6” circle (#15771-XL) and trim off the bottom so one side is flat.
- Cut several strips of 1” wide cardstock from multiple colors.
- Curl the strips by wrapping them around your finger and releasing. Then, adhere the strips to the back of the 6” circle.
- Adhere the googley eyes.
- Die-cut two circles from 1” 9-up die (#15934-LG) for the cheeks and adhere to the body.
- Draw on the mouth of the Octopus using a permanent pen.
- Punch a hole in the top of the Octopus and thread through the twine.
- Add gems to embellish.