Memorial Day is the perfect time to get creative, the patriotic holiday provides an opportunity to educate your students while also having fun. Use this project to create your very own Memorial Day flowers to honor those who served the United States.
Let’s get started!
- Ellison® Prestige™ Pro Machine (#19101) or Ellison® SuperStar™ Excel Machine Only w/Extended Sliding Tray & Sliding Adapter Pad (#30650)
- Sizzix® Bigz Die – Flower (#A10143)
- Ellison® SureCut Die – Circles 3” & 2” (#15656-LG)
- Sizzix® Glue Gun (#663550)
- Red, white, black and blue cardstock
- Popsicle stick
- Permanent pen - green
- Tin can
- Die-cut two flowers for each poppy using red cardstock.
- Fold the petals up and adhere the 2 flowers together.
- Die-cut a 2” circle from black cardstock.
- Cut into the circle around the edges and adhere to the center of the flower.
- Thread twine through the button and adhere to the center of the flower.
- Color the popsicle stick with green permanent pen.
- Adhere flower to popsicle stick.
- Repeat steps 1 to 7 for your desired number of flowers (in this case we created 3).
- Take the tin can and wrap red, blue and white cardstock around it and use the glue to adhere.
- Place the flowers into the tin can and add raffia.
- Tie a piece of raffia around the center of the can.