Grab your helmets, teachernauts, because today, on Pluto's Demoted Day, we've got a lesson plan that is out of this world! If you want to teach your class about the wonders of Space, the Solar System, this how-to is for you! Celebrate and teach your students all about the wonders of space with this mobile that features the space shuttle and all of the planets.
Crayons, Colored Pencils or Markers
1. Die-cut the planets and space shuttle from multiple colors of paper. You will need two of each shape.
2. Embellish the front of one shape and the back of the matching shape with crayons, markers or colored paper.
3. Sandwich a short length of white thread between each pair of matching shapes to create hanging die cuts.
4. Die-cut the spiral from cardstock or poster board.
5. Punch a small hole in the center of the spiral.
6. Knot a length of ribbon and poke it through the middle hole of the spiral to create a loop for hanging the mobile.
7. Cut a small hole with a paper punch along the coil every place you want to hang a shape.
8. Poke the thread from a hanging shape through each hole and secure the hanging shape with a small colored sticker. Trim any excess thread with scissors.
There you have it, educators! What's your favorite interactive lesson plan for tackling the subject of space? Let us know in the comments below and if you create this project, we'd love to see it! Make sure to stop by our Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram page and tag your pictures with #ellisonedu so we can see it and reshare!