Independence Day is a great opportunity to learn about the history of the United States. Use this fun lesson idea to create magical wands for your students to celebrate Independence Day!
If your students are watching a parade this year, this star wand is perfect to wave around.
Let the Independence Day fun begin!
- Ellison® Prestige™ Pro Machine (#19101) or Ellison® SuperStar™ Excel Machine Only w/Extended Sliding Tray & Sliding Adapter Pad (#30650)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ - Star (#A10181)
- Ellison® SureCut™ Die - Borders (#16714-DC)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Cardstock (#663007)
- Sizzix ™ Accessory – Glue Gun (#663550)
- Sizzix ™ Accessory – Glue Gun Accessories (#663005)
- White Mountboard
- Adhesive Gems
- Tweezers (optional)
- Patterned paper
- Spray Mount
- Ribbon (Red, Blue and White)
- Silver Straw
- Sticky Tape
- Adhere a piece of red cardstock to a piece of mountboard using the spray mount (ensure the piece of card is sized to die-cut the Star Die (#A10181).
- Adhere a small piece of navy cardstock to a piece of mount board using spray mount.
- Die-cut the piece of red mount board using the Star Die (#A10181).
- Use the Border Die (#16714-DC) to die-cut 3 small stars (1 from the navy mount board, 1 from the white mountboard and 1 from the patterned paper). You should now have 4 stars in total.
- Using the Glue Gun (#663550) adhere the 3 small stars onto the large red star, ensuring to overlap them. Use the Glue Gun Accessories (#663005) to aid you in adhering the stars.
- Decorate the small stars with adhesive gems (using tweezers if you find this easier).
- Tie the red, blue and white ribbon together.
- Use the Glue Gun (#663005) to adhere the ribbon and silver straw to the back of the red star. Again, using the Glue Gun Accessories (#663005) to aid you in adhering.
- Finally, for extra strength use the sticky tape to secure the straw to the back of the star.
Why not create an array of magical wands? Simply change the color of your cardstock or paper to create a completely different wand!
Watch the video below for a step-by-step tutorial!