Mother’s Day is just around the corner and it’s time to start making gifts! The best Mother’s Day gifts come from the heart, especially when they’re handmade. Flowers are always a hit and a proven success to celebrate Mom.
Let's get started making your very own special flower bouquet!
- Ellison® Prestige™ Pro Machine (#19101) or Ellison® SuperStar™ Excel Machine Only w/Extended Sliding Tray & Sliding Adapter Pad (#30650)
- Sizzix® Bigz Die – Flower (#A10143)
- Ellison® SureCut Die - Circles 1” 9-up (#15934-LG)
- Sizzix® Glue Gun (#663550)
- Cardstock (including green cardstock)
- Wet glue
- Elastic band
- Take 2 pieces of 12” x 12” green cardstock and fold in half.
- Draw a line 2” from the base of the opening side of the green cardstock and cut strips down to this line.
- Roll 1 piece of the green cardstock which has now been cut into a tube. Then, use the second piece to roll around the first and glue in place using the wet glue.
- Die-cut your desired number of flowers using the flower die (#A10143) and the corresponding number of circles using the 1” Circle die (#15934-LG).
- Adhere the circles to the flower using the wet glue.
- Adhere the flowers to the stems made from the green cardstock using the glue gun.
- Use an elastic band around the base of the stems to hold in place.
- Use the ribbon to tie a bow around the elastic band.
- Using scissors, cut some thin strips of green cardstock and curl using your fingers.
- Adhere the curled strips to the stems. Fold some of the stems in half to create dimension.