Music is an important part of any child’s educational journey. Playing a musical instrument contributes to many areas of child’s development including motor skills, language and it also helps the body and mind work together. Music and singing also improves mood, so why not make music fun and have a go at creating a handmade musical instruments? This is the perfect project for fun at home!
- Ellison® Prestige™ Pro Machine (#19101) or Ellison® SuperStar™ Excel Machine Only w/Extended Sliding Tray & Sliding Adapter Pad (#30650)
- Ellison® SureCut™ Die Set– 3-D Geometrics (#17504-XL)
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (#663007)
- Washi Tape
- Wooden Beads
- Dried Beans or Rice
- Die-cut the cylinder shape using (#17504-XL) from a piece of cardstock (the color is your choice).
- Create a decorative strip using cardstock. Trim colored cardstock into thin strips and adhere them onto the cylinder cut out using glue.
- Assemble the cylinder using glue. Remember to add dried beans or rice inside.
- Tie a piece of yarn around the top of the cylinder and thread beads on the ends of the yarn for a finishing touch.