- What is a shim? A shim is used to compensate for minute variations in paper thicknesses and wear on the Cutting or Crease Pad. It provides extra pressure or act as a wedge to enable a cleaner die cut.
- What is the Ellison product warranties? For information about our warranty policy please visit Ellison Product Warranties
- Can I substitute a die in a die-set? You cannot substitute any dies in a die set. The die set is already pre-packaged and is available at a discounted price. However, you can place special orders for individual dies, this includes any die from ... Read More
- Is a cracking sound normal when I die-cut? Yes, this is completely normal and is simply the sound of the die cutting your material.
- My cutting plates are marking and bending when I use them, is this normal? It’s completely normal for your cutting pads to become marked and bend slightly. Cutting plates are consumable items which means eventually they will need replacing.
- What is the difference between cutting pads and plates? There is no difference, cutting pads and cutting plates are the same product.
- I want to buy an Ellison SuperStar Machine, why can’t I find it on the website? The SuperStar Machine has been discontinued. However, you can purchase the Big Shot Machine on ellisoneducation.com from our sister brand Sizzix. This is a very similar machine aside from colour and comes with many additional benefits. Find out more here.
- Can I still purchase spare parts for discontinued machines? We do offer some spare parts for discontinued machines, please contact us with the details of what you require.
- What is a Sizzix Big Shot Machine? Sizzix is a brand under the Ellison umbrella that produces die-cutting machines, dies, and accessories for the arts and crafts industry. Read More
- What is a wafer-thin die AKA Framelits die? Cut what you see. It's that easy and efficient with Framelits®. These wafer-thin chemically-etched die sets feature the perfect registration without interference from any ridges at the edge of the ... Read More